It’s the first prepaid card that allows you to share money instantly(1), from card to card, with your relatives and friends in Mexico, Nicaragua, and Ecuador.
- It allows you to share money instantly(1) with family and friends in Mexico, Nicaragua, and Ecuador with Alterna....
- Simple to load and share money from card to card.
- Safe to share money from your account to your relative’s account.
- Fast to share money instantly(1).
- Convenient to share money online, at any time without the need to go to an agent.
- Inexpensive to share money at competitive costs.
- Trendy to share money with innovative and friendly platform and with the latest technology in the industry.
- It’s easy to get. Just request it online and it will arrive at your home in a few days.
- It gives you accessibility to the financial system and to new banking products and services locally and internationally.
- It provides you with a bilingual customer service; in English and Spanish.
- You can make purchases online without compromising your credit or debit cards accounts.
- You can use it at millions of locations worldwide where Debit Mastercard is accepted.
- You can withdraw cash 24/7 at over 2 million ATM locations worldwide.
Go to the link provided to you one of our Trusted Partners or go to www.alternacard.com and click on “Sign Up”.
Important information for opening a card account: To help the federal government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, the USA PATRIOT Act requires all financial institutions and their third parties to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens a card account. What this means for you: When you open a card account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see a copy of your driver’s license or other documents at any time. We may limit your ability to use your Card or certain Card features until we have been able to successfully verify your identity.
Once you receive your Alterna card, you can log into your account at www.alternacard.com to activate it and your PIN.
You can set up Direct Deposit by completing the form sent to you with your card. You can also load it at participating retail locations.
The Alterna Prepaid Mastercard® is issued by MetaBank®, Member FDIC, pursuant to license by Mastercard International Incorporated. Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
It’s possible thanks to strategic alliances with banks abroad. You can share money with relatives and friends from your Alterna Prepaid Mastercard® to a Tarjeta Prepago Remesa Banpro in Nicaragua, to Banco Unión Progreso Card of Chihuahua in Mexico and to Banco Pichincha in Ecuador.
You can share up to $1,000 per day and up to $2,000 per month. For only $5 per transaction to Nicaragua, and for only $6 per transaction to Mexico and Ecuador.
This is a good opportunity for your relatives to join and begin developing their financial history with three innovative banks. By having access to new products and services, it is most likely that they will improve their quality of life. It’s very simple! You initiate this process when you request your Alterna Prepaid Mastercard® online or once you have received and activated your Alterna Prepaid Mastercard®. Just log into your account and provide your relatives’ information. The local bank will contact them to open and activate their account.
The following is needed:
- Full name.
- Date of Birth.
- Complete Address (Street number, city, state and zip code).
- Phone number.
The local bank will ask your referral:
- Phone number.
- Current proof of residency
Your relatives can withdraw money 24/7 at any ATM or get cash back at any participating merchant. They can also use their card to make purchases and payments.